Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My journey into the American Girl world...

     One year ago (12/22/2012), I was watching the Shaytards vlog. In this "episode", Mommytard (Colette Butler) was opening a package and them she showed two boxes: one American Girl doll for each of her daughters as a Christmas gift. In this moment, I started a journey into the American Girl world. 
     As many of you may know, I first saw the American Girl dolls in 2008 watching the TLC show Jon and Kate plus 8. But at that time, I don't had access to Internet in my house and it passed beaten. I just said to my mom: "One day I will go to this place! It's so cool! You can eat with your doll". I gave no importance to the dolls. I also vacantly have a memory that in 2011 I open the American Girl website, because I remember that I saw Kanani (Girl of the year of 2011) in the front page. After this, in February 2012, I subscribed to a YouTube channel called MyFroggyStuff and the owner of this channel have an American Girl doll and I thought, at that time, that they are ugly. 

The Gosselin family in the American Girl Place New York

     Some months later, when I saw Mommytard with those dolls, I remembered of them and started to search about them on google. I learned a lot of things about them. And them, after knowing all the history on Pleasant Company and then American Girl and all those dolls, I started to think that they aren't ugly too. The result was me getting, after many indecisions, My American Girl #55 (my look alike doll) in march 2013, in the New York American Girl Place (the trip did not happen because of it. It was already booked). I joined the Agplaythings forum, started to watch American Girl stop motions and also discovered that many other brazilian girl like the American Girl dolls. I'm very happy that I joined this family. It had been an amazing one year into this AG world. ;D


Mommytard and Babytard's American Girl doll.

Hope you like to read my history in the AG world. See you next time. Bye! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment